Learn the basics of Scrum and the Scrum lifecycle, how to organize a Scrum team and set up a project, and how to implement a Scrum, from releases and sprints to enterprise transformation.
About This Video
- Get into the shoes of a Scrum team and understand their role
- Explore how Kanban is different from Scrum and extreme programming
- Finding various inefficiencies in your process using Kanban board
Kanban is a popular framework used to implement Agile and DevOps software development. It requires real-time communication of capacity and full transparency of work. Work items are represented visually on a Kanban board, allowing team members to see the state of every piece of work at any time.
A Kanban board is an Agile project management tool designed to help visualize work, limit work-in-progress, and maximize efficiency (or flow). It can help both Agile and DevOps teams establish order in their daily work. Kanban boards use cards, columns, and continuous improvement to help technology and service teams commit to the right amount of work, and get it done.
This course will help you explore how working on an Agile project using Kanban has benefits for your development team, your end-users, and your organization as a whole.
We will identify various process flow-related issues including too much work in progress, underutilization of resources, lengthy tasks, unequal-sized tasks, and so on, using simple and easy-to-understand demonstrations on the Kanban board.
We will not only identify these inefficiencies but also solve for the same by continuously improving the process flow using the Kanban board.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome to the Course
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to Kanban and Kanban Board
- Chapter 3 : Process Improvement: Identifying Inefficiencies/Issues
- Chapter 4 : Kanban Practices
Chapter 5 : Key Agile Concepts
- Introduction to Agile Concepts
- Agile Concepts: Product Backlog
- Agile Concepts: Theme, Epic, and Story
- Agile Estimation: Introduction
- Agile Estimation: Relative Estimation
- Agile Estimation: T-Shirt and Fibonacci
- Agile Estimation: Planning Poker
- Agile Concepts: Introduction to Burndown Charts
- Agile Concepts: Burndown Chart Creation
- Agile Concepts: Burndown Charts Activity
- Minimum Viable Product
- Team Velocity
- Title: Agile Kanban: Kanban for Software Development Teams
- Release date: June 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801813297
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Sharpen your Python skills as you dive deep into the Python programming language with Serious Python. …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …