This course provides a practical guide on how you can plan and manage your projects using the principles of Agile and Scrum. This course is packed with tips, techniques and frameworks you can put to action right after listening to this course. It is a good idea to already be familiar with Agile concepts and Scrum before diving into this course. If you are not familiar with Agile, please listen to my other videos first right here on Safari (The Agile Discovery Series)! This video is for project managers, team leads, scrum masters, product owners, and the development team.
Topics covered include:
- Planning in Agile. Those who are new to Agile might say, planning does not equate to agility. Although we don't perform thorough and rigorous planning in an Agile environment, we still need some planning to have a view of what we are trying to achieve and have a way to gauge if we are progressing towards those goals. This section aims to introduce what planning means in an Agile setup. Being Agile does not mean "anything goes" or anti-planning. Planning helps us understand what value means to the business.
- Vision. Here we highlight why having a vision is key to any project and it should be the start of any Agile project planning exercise. We will discuss the characteristics of an effective vision and the techniques required to perform vision planning effectively such as story boards and prototypes.
- Product Roadmap. Equipped with the project's vision, we now need to dive into what that vision means for us and define how that is to be achieved in the business perspective. We will discuss techniques in crafting the Product Roadmap prior to Agile development. This includes epics, metrics, story points, and user stories which will be the input to release planning.
- Release Plan. Armed with the Product Roadmap, we are now ready to conduct a release planning activity with the development team. Here we will present a recommended step-by-step guide in performing such activity. We will also discuss who are the main actors in Agile release planning and their responsibilities, including the product manager, product owner, project manager, and scrum master. We will also get to discuss story sizing in a more detailed manner.
- Conclusions. This clip summarizes the entire video and provides the key concepts to help you successfully perform Agile release planning on your projects. The entire Agile Scrum Project Planning Model is covered at a high level.
- Title: Agile Project Planning with Scrum
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634622851