In this chapter, we saw and learned the following:
- How to set up the development environment for Java/Scala
- How to write and create actors—state and behavior
- How to pass the messages across actors
- How to create and execute
ActorSystemand run the actors within
- How to model and create a Word Count Map Reduce application using the Akka actors
This provided a summary of the Actor Model and some of the runtime constructs. In the coming chapter, we will discuss actors further, and see the features and functionality provided by them.