Get up and running with the fundamentals of Amazon Alexa and build exciting IoT projectsAbout This Book
- Gain hands-on experience of working with Amazon Echo and Alexa
- Build exciting IoT projects using Amazon Echo
- Learn about voice-enabled smart devices
Alexa Skills Projects is for individuals who want to have a deep understanding of the underlying technology that drives Amazon Echo and Alexa, and how it can be integrated with the Internet of Things to develop hands-on projects.What You Will Learn
- Understand how Amazon Echo is already being used in various domains
- Discover how an Alexa Skill is architected
- Get a clear understanding of how some of the most popular Alexa Skills work
- Design Alexa Skills for specific purposes and interact with Amazon Echo to execute them
- Gain experience of programming for Amazon Echo
- Explore future applications of Amazon Echo and other voice-activated devices
Amazon Echo is a smart speaker developed by Amazon, which connects to Amazon's Alexa Voice Service and is entirely controlled by voice commands. Amazon Echo is currently being used for a variety of purposes such as home automation, asking generic queries, and even ordering a cab or pizza.
Alexa Skills Projects starts with a basic introduction to Amazon Alexa and Echo. You will then deep dive into Alexa Programming concepts such as Intents, Slots, Lambdas and maintaining your skill's state using DynamoDB. You will get a clear understanding of how some of the most popular Alexa Skills work, and gain experience of working with real-world Amazon Echo applications. In the concluding chapters, you will explore the future of voice-enabled applications and their coverage with respect to the Internet of Things.
By the end of the book, you will have learned to design Alexa Skills for specific purposes and interact with Amazon Echo to execute these skills.Style and approach
A practical guide filled with real world examples that will help you understand the process of creating Alexa Skills from scratch and it's real world applications.
Downloading the example code for this book You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright and Credits
- Packt Upsell
- What is Alexa?
- Hello World, Alexa!
- Hands-Free Experience with Alexa
- Let's Play Factly with Alexa
- Making Alexa Talk About CryptoCurrencies
- Home Automation with Alexa
- The Future of Voice-Based Personal Assistants
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Alexa Skills Projects
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788997256
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …