Before we go ahead and design the Handsfree Messenger skill, we will need to understand a few things:
- What is the system's core functionality?
- What are all of its moving parts?
- How do these parts interact?
The Handsfree Messenger skill will work as follows:
- The user will start the Alexa Skill by saying a start phrase—"Alexa, Start Handsfree Messenger."
- Alexa will launch the skill.
- The user will voice the actual message that needs to be sent: "Send message – Get milk!"
- Now, this is where it gets interesting. When the user voices the actual message in the previous step, a SendMessage intent will be created and the actual message text will be passed as an argument to that intent.
We have already ...