This chapter provides information for installing Alfresco and its components. Depending on your system, you can install Alfresco using a number of different methods. For example, you can install Alfresco by:
- Using an installation wizard, which contains the required software and components you need
- Using a bundle that includes a preconfigured Tomcat server, the Alfresco Web Archive (WAR), batch files, database setup scripts, and a sample extensions folder
- Using a standard WAR file to deploy on your existing application server
A typical manual installation scenario includes the following procedure:
- Install a Java SE Development Kit (JDK).
- Install a supported database.
- Install Alfresco.
- Configure an Alfresco database.
- Install Alfresco ...