Using the Solr search engine with Alfresco
Solr is a widely used open source search server provided by apache. It uses Lucene as its search engine, but addition to that it provides full enterprise search server capabilities. Solr provides a web based application that accepts http request and returns http response.
Here are some advantages of Solr:
- Advanced full-text search capabilities
- Provides faceted search
- Performance optimized for high volume web traffic
- Single server for indexes of multiple applications
- For clustered Alfresco servers, indexes can be maintained at a single Solr server
- Solr is highly scalable, provides clustering of Solr server.
- Web-based Solr administration interface
- Solr supports Lucene-style queries, so no need to change the queries ...