In this chapter, you learned that the Alfresco Share is an all-purpose user interface for general document management. It can be easily extended using approaches that range from making XML configuration file changes to writing new Surf dashlets or pages.
Specifically, you learned how to:
- Add new menu items to the top bar menu
- Create new actions items using dialogs or not
- Show/hide action items based on things such as permissions or arbitrary logic
- Create custom metadata template to change how Share shows repository data
- Implement indicators in Share to reflect a status or an information on documents
- Create a new form control to interact differently with metadata
- Assess whether the solution you are building should be based on a custom version of ...