Chapter 18. Optimizing Your Application
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Why This Chapter Is Important
- Introducing Optimization
- Modifying Hardware and Software Configurations
- What Is the Access Database Engine?
- Letting the Performance Analyzer Determine Problem Areas
- Designing Tables to Optimize Performance
- Designing Database Objects to Improve Performance
- Practical Examples: Improving the Performance of Your Applications
Why This Chapter Is Important
In a world where it can be difficult for hardware to keep up with software, it is important to do everything you can to improve the performance of your application. This chapter helps you optimize your application’s speed and reduce its memory and hard disk space requirements.