Chapter 25. Exploiting the Power of the Windows API
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Why This Chapter Is Important
- Declaring an External Function to the Compiler
- Working with Constants and Types
- Calling DLL Functions: Important Issues
- Using API Functions
- Practical Examples: Using Windows API Functions in Your Applications
Why This Chapter Is Important
One of the richest libraries of programming code functions is supplied by Windows itself. This function library commonly is referred to as the Windows API (Application Programming Interface). Fortunately, as a Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programmer, you can tap into the Windows function library by using these built-in Windows functions in your own VBA modules.
Furthermore, you might discover other dynamic ...