Video DescriptionHuman-Centered Design, recorded live at Data Modeling Zone (www.DataModelingZone.com). In recent years, there has been much discussion about the use of Agile methodologies in Data (Agile Data) and Business Intelligence (Agile BI). But Agile is nothing more than an enabler for IT; it helps IT solve problems for business users more quickly. The next, and more important, step is empowering business users to solve more of their own Data and BI problems, with IT as a solutions facilitator rather than a solutions dictator.
Human-Centered Design (or HCD) is an approach to interactive problem-solving and solution-development that focuses on helping people identify and solve their own problems, rather than having solutions imposed upon them. Aspects of HCD include group brainstorming, creative problem solving, modeling and prototyping, and immersion (involvement of the entire group in the solution of a problem). Organizations like IDEO.org are using HCD to create practical solutions to the problems and needs of developing countries throughout the world.
This talk will explore the application of HCD principles to the work of Data Management, including data modeling, database design and development, Business Intelligence and applied analytics. Topics for discussion will include:
- The Seven Core Mindsets of HCD, and how they apply to Data work
- The Process of HCD (Inspiration, Ideation and Implementation)
- Tools and Methods for Individual and Group Problem-Solving
- The process of Iterative Prototyping
Table of Contents
- Human-Centered Design 1:35:07
- Title: All About Human-Centered Design
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634624510