In this chapter, you will
• Identify the project stakeholders
• Plan for project communications
• Distribute the project information
• Report the project performance
• Manage the project stakeholders
In the movie Cool Hand Luke, the prison captain says, “What we got here is a failure to communicate.” It’s a famous line that has been repeated by musicians, politicians, and even muttered by project managers. Hopefully, when you, the project manager, quote this line, you aren’t viewed as the prison captain by your project team.
The point is, most projects experience a breakdown in communications. It’s been said that 90 percent of a project manager’s time is spent communicating. If you think about it, this ...