In this chapter, you will
• Plan for project procurement
• Select the project vendors
• Create contracts for the project work
• Control and administer the contractual relationships
• Close out the contract with the project vendors
Projects routinely require procurements. Projects need materials, equipment, consultants, training, books, software, hardware, and lots of other stuff in order for the project to be successful. Project procurement management is the process of purchasing the products necessary to meet the needs of the project scope.
Procurement management also involves planning, requesting seller information, choosing a source, administering the contract, and closing out the contract. ...