Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen
Amazing Things Will Happen offers straightforward advice that can be put into action to improve your life. Through personal anecdotes from the author's life, and interviews of successful individuals across several industries, this book demonstrates how to achieve success, in all aspects of life, through hard work and acts of kindness. Split into five sections, this book details how to begin the self-improvement journey.
Explains how to cope with the situation you are currently in, and how to make the most of it until you can break free
Shares exercises and practices that can help define your goals and how to set realistic tasks to reach them
Helps you to navigate the seas of doubters and obstacles to get to where you want to be
Ensures that you help others, once you have reached your goals
Each of us has different goals in life, but everyone wants to succeed, and have as much fun as possible along the way. Amazing Things Will Happen shows how to get on this path to success.
Table of Contents
- You Choose the Path to Follow
- Short On Time, But Still Crave Amazing Things?
- Why a Guide?
- Introduction: My Journey So Far
- Chapter 1: How to Be a Passion Hit
- Chapter 2: Trust Your Gut
- Chapter 3: Take Stock
- Chapter 4: Knowing When to Move On
- Chapter 5: The Power of Writing It Down
- Chapter 6: The Three-Word Exercise
- Chapter 7: The Magic of Turkey Pot Pie
- Chapter 8: Don’t Let the Seagulls Get You Down
- Chapter 9: Simplify, Focus, and Attack
- Chapter 10: Everyone Has Excuses
- Chapter 11: No More Saying, “I Can’t”
- Chapter 12: Stop Talking; Start Doing
- Chapter 13: Risk Can Be Scary; Embrace It and Move Forward
- Chapter 14: Quitting Is Always an Option
- Chapter 15: Know What You Hate and Then Don’t Do It
- Chapter 16: With a Little Help from Our Friends
- Chapter 17: Life Is Too Short for Bad Wine
- Chapter 18: Be a Duck
- Chapter 19: To Each Their Own . . .
- Chapter 20: Forget Skipping Pebbles; Throw a Boulder!
- Chapter 21: Living the Road Less Traveled
- Chapter 22: Focus on the Flame
- Chapter 23: Learning to Say No
- Chapter 24: Have a Small-Town Mentality
- Chapter 25: Workshifting
- Chapter 26: Rules Are Like Rubber Bands
- Chapter 27: Beer and Coffee
- Chapter 28: Hallway Magic
- Chapter 29: Celebrate Success of All Sizes
- Chapter 30: Learn from Failure, But Don’t Seek It Out
- Chapter 31: Don’t Let the Asshats and Ankle Biters Get You Down
- Chapter 32: Can You Idle Well?
- Chapter 33: Giving Back and Gratitude
- Chapter 34: Play in the Rain
- Chapter 35: The End and the Beginning
- Appendix: Dangerous Books
- Title: Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118416624