Chapter 4. The SimpleDB Data Model
The entire data model for SimpleDB is comprised of four concepts—domains, items, attributes, and values. We will explore these concepts in detail in this chapter. The conceptual hierarchy of a domain in SimpleDB is like the following chart and shows the relation between the different components.
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Interacting with a domain
- Metadata for a domain
- Interacting with items in a domain
- Interacting with the attributes of an item
- Storing multiple values for an attribute
- SimpleDB constraints on domain, items, attributes, and attribute values
- Consistent Read and Conditional Put/Delete announced on February ...