Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is the heart of AWS cloud hosting, yet a really difficult concept to gain an in-depth understanding of, particularly for developers who have restricted infrastructure operations experience.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals and components of VPC, which are laid out in a step-by-step fashion to make the course easy to grasp. We will cover various concepts; we will start with understanding the AWS global infrastructure. Then you will learn about the basic VPC concepts such as what a VPC is and its components. Then we will explore subnets, security groups, and Network ACL (NACL). You will also learn about NAT gateway, Bastion host, VPC peering, and VPC connectivity options. You will learn to create security groups, internet gateway, security groups, and NACLs from scratch. You will explore implementing a NAT gateway, and how to tighten the security.
By the end of the course, you will learn to create VPC with public and private subnets, security groups, NACLs, and EC2 instances from scratch.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to create VPC using VPC Wizard
- Learn to build VPCs from scratch
- Explore various AWS support plans
- Learn the process of reviewing the default VPC and its components
- Explore Bastion host implementation architecture
- Understand AWS CLI – installation and setup
This course is for application architects, application developers, QA/test engineers, system, and network administrators, and anyone with an interest to learn Amazon Web Services (AWS) VPC.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
About The Author
Coding Gears | Train Your Brain: GlobalETraining (brand name - CodingGears) offers self-paced technical courses and makes them easy to learn.
They have been in the IT training business for many years, offering training courses in Unix, Windows, C#, Java, Python programming, SQL server, manual testing, automation, and so on. Their instructors have 20+ years of experience in various technical areas such as software development, software testing, Windows systems, and network administration, Unix/Linux systems and network administration, virtualization technologies, storage, shell scripting, database management systems (MS SQL Server, MySQL, IBM DB2, Cassandra), containerization (Dockers), Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Jira, Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), Gluster file system, CoreOS, Ansible, and other areas.
CodingGears/GlobalETraining has mentored thousands of students for over a decade and has extensive experience in delivering training—both in-class and online.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Course Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started
Chapter 3 : VPC Fundamentals
- Section Overview
- What is AWS VPC?
- VPC Components
- Subnetting/CIDR - Quick Review
- Reviewing the Default VPC and Its Components - Part 1
- Reviewing the Default VPC and Its Components - Part 2
- Reviewing the Default VPC and Its Components - Part 3
- Security Groups
- Network ACLs - Part 1
- Network ACLs - Part 2
- NAT Gateway and NAT Instance - Part 1
- NAT Gateway and NAT Instance - Part 2
- Bastion Host Implementation Architecture
- Delete Default VPC and Create Default VPC
- Quick Summary
- Chapter 4 : Project: Building a VPC from Scratch
- Chapter 5 : AWS CLI: Create VPC and Its Components
- Chapter 6 : VPC Advanced Concepts
- Chapter 7 : Challenges Ahead
- Title: Amazon VPC Mastery for AWS Certifications
- Release date: April 2022
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803242088
You might also like
AWS Cloud Security
More Than 6.5 Hours of Video Instruction More than 6.5 hours of video instruction to help …
Practical Amazon EC2, SQS, Kinesis, and S3: A Hands-On Approach to AWS
Provide solutions to all your Amazon EC2, SQS, Kinesis, and S3 problems, including implementation using the …
Amazon EC2 Master Class (with Auto Scaling and Load Balancer)
AWS EC2 is the fundamental core component that every AWS professional should know about. Most people …
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate (SOA-C02) Exam Cram
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate (SOA-C02) Exam Cram is an all-inclusive study guide designed to help …