Chapter 14. Scaling up and down: auto-scaling and CloudWatch
This chapter covers
- Creating an auto-scaling group with launch configuration
- Using auto-scaling to adapt the number of virtual servers
- Scaling a synchronous decoupled app behind an ELB
- Scaling an asynchronous decoupled app using SQS
- Using CloudWatch alarms to modify an auto-scaling group
Suppose you’re organizing a party to celebrate your birthday. How much food and drink do you need to buy? Calculating the
right numbers for your shopping list is difficult:
- How many people will actually attend? You received several confirmations, but some guests will need to cancel at short notice
or show up without letting you know in advance, so the number of guests is vague.
- How much ...