AN INTRODUCTION TO LITERARY STUDIES
In this classic beginner's guide to English literature, Mario Klarer offers a concise and accessible discussion of central issues in the study of literary texts, looking at:
• definitions of key terms such as literature and text
• the genres of fiction, poetry, drama, and film
• periods and classifications of literature
• theoretical approaches to texts
• the use of secondary resources
• guidelines for writing research essays.
The new and expanded edition is fully updated to include:
• a wider range of textual examples from world literature
• additional references to contemporary cinema
• a section on comparative literature
• an extended survey of literary periods and genres
• recent changes ...