Do you want to learn how to manipulate and analyze data using Microsoft Excel? Expert Hassan Khan will show you how during this video series containing eight clips:
- Sort and Filter. This first clip in the series shows how to sort and filter a data set. Tips are provided including the importance of deleting blank rows, clearing filters, and constraining data.
- Concatenate Text to Columns. This second clip in the series explains how to combine data from multiple cells into a single cell, and how to break up data within a cell into multiple columns. Tips are provided including how to embed spaces between terms.
- Conditional Formatting and Freezing Panes. This third clip in the series explores how to freeze panes and apply conditional formatting. Learn for example how to apply different colors to your data set cells depending on factors such as “less than” or “greater than”.
- Goal Seek. This fourth clip in the series explains the Goal Seek function. Often referred to as What-if-Analysis, Goal Seek uses a trial-and-error approach to solving a problem by plugging in guesses until it arrives at the answer.
- Pane Formatting and Duplicate Removal. This fifth clip in the series shows techniques for making the data in the spreadsheet manageable, including adjusting row and column lengths, and hiding and unhiding columns. Learn how to use borders and remove duplicates to improve spreadsheet readability.
- Pivot Tables. This sixth clip in the series shows you how to rotate your tables for summarized reporting.
- Vlookup and Data Validation. This seventh clip in the series explains how to use Vlookup, short for 'vertical' lookup, which, for a specified value, finds the value in one column of data, and returns the corresponding value from another column. Vlookup combined with Data Validation allows you to retrieve or display only certain values.
- Slicer. This eighth clip in the series explains the slicer option, a quick way to filter and also visualize data. We show you how to use the Slicer in combination with Pivot Tables to efficiently analyze data.
- Title: Analytics with Microsoft Excel
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634624985