Time for action—learning to count with the counting calculator
We'll get started by trying out the counting calculator right now!
- Get the example android project,
CountDroid, from the code bundle and compile it to an Android APK for deploying to a device.
- You can build it either straight from the command line using
Ant, or import it into Eclipse using Existing projects into workspace from the Import... dialog.
- Download the APK you built to your favorite emulator or Android device, and launch the Counting Calculator activity.
- Wait for the calculator to appear. Notice that whenever something happens, it is animated:
- Press a number key and watch what happens. ...