Comparing animators and tweens
In this chapter, we have created two animators that perform simple motion animations on a view. You could consider doing activities like this using a tween animation, and of course it would work just as well.
The relative benefits of the two are summarized as follows:
- They are easy to map to programmatic animations, by adding a setter method or by implementing a listener
- They do not restrict the activities that they can perform on screen to scales, translates, alpha, and rotates
- You can add more than two keyframes to an
- Tweens are more intuitive; they literally describe what the user will see on the screen
- Tweens can be described in XML
Things that are common between ...