Resolve compatibility issues for the Android version you use
About This Video
- Work with compatibility libraries to allow your applications to function regardless of Android versions and device specifics
- Collect data on your applications usage, market share, and crashes to your hand on the pulse of your application
- Use A/B testing to solve compatibility problems for specific Android versions or devices
Android fragmentation is the most horrible thing in an Android developer's life. A new version is released each year and year after new release gains less than a 5% market share. Though Google is doing great work in providing Android developers with support libraries, there are still lots of compatibility issues.
This course will help you to make your Android apps backward-compatible and we cover common issues faced by developers in Android. We develop in Java using all its support libraries to show what they are and how they allow us to fight most compatibility issues. We build a simple application that will allow us to track car fill-ups and review gas stations.
During this course, we take a closer look at uses for compatibility libraries, walk through its most popular pivots, and skillfully resolve them. Lastly, we explore a few tools for a more effective market understanding and investigate crashes and A/B testing.
The code bundle for this video course is available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Android-App-Compatibility---The-Complete-K-to-P-Guide
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Android
- Chapter 2 : Building the UI
- Chapter 3 : Data Classes and Persistence
Chapter 4 : Wire Up the UI
- Data Binding Library 00:12:48
- Wiring Up the Sign-In Screen 00:15:40
- Setting Up Main Activity 00:12:01
- Binding the Fill-Up Fragment 00:15:39
- Binding the Station Fragment 00:08:16
- Binding the Station Details Activity 00:11:03
- Binding the Station Edit Activity 00:15:23
- Binding the Fill-Up Details Activity 00:13:20
- Binding the Fill-Up Edit Activity 00:18:27
- Chapter 5 : Access Device Location
- Chapter 6 : Schedule a Recurring Task
- Title: Android App Compatibility: the Complete K-to-P Guide
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788991353
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
The Complete Android Oreo Developer Course - Build 23 Apps!
Learn Android O app development using Java and Kotlin: build real apps including Super Mario Run, …
Java Coding Problems
Develop your coding skills by exploring Java concepts and techniques such as Strings, Objects and Types, …
Android 9 Development Cookbook - Third Edition
Build feature-rich, reliable Android Pie apps with the help of more than 100 proven industry standard …