Time for action – preparing Windows for Android development
To work with the Android NDK, we need to set up a Cygwin Linux-like environment for Windows:
Since NDK R7, Cygwin installation is not required anymore (steps 1 to 9). The Android NDK provides additional native Windows binaries (for example,
- Go to http://cygwin.com/install.html.
- Download setup.exe and execute it.
- Select Install from Internet.
- Follow the wizard screens.
- Select a download site from where Cygwin packages are going to be downloaded. Consider using a server in your country:
- When proposed, include Devel/make and Shells/bash packages:
- Follow the installation wizard until ...