How do you ensure your Android application works as expected? This video will show you how. We will cover both JUnit and Espresso Android testing frameworks. JUnit automates unit testing, a test method that ensures the small units of logic within our application works correctly. Espresso, created by Google, is a User Interface (UI) library to ensure the UI works as planned. There are three videos within this Android testing series:
- Android Testing Introduction. This first clip in the series introduces the field of Android Testing and explains the purpose of both JUnit and Espresso.
- JUnit. This second clip in the series covers the JUnit framework and you will learn how to automate your unit tests. This video is hands-on, and we will explore a number of testing functions including average, sum, and search.
- Espresso. This third clip in the series covers Espresso UI testing. This video is hands-on, and we will add Espresso test functions to some of the primary UI elements.
- Title: Android Testing with JUnit and Espresso
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634624275