Time for action - setting up the Android SDK
Once you have downloaded the Android SDK archive for your operating system, you'll need to install it and then download at least one Android Platform package. Open a command-line or console and complete the following steps:
- Extract the Android SDK archive.
- Change directory to the root of the unpackaged Android SDK.
- Change directory to the
toolsdirectory of the Android SDK.
- Update the SDK by running the following command:
android update sdk
- Create a new Virtual Device by going to the Virtual Devices screen and clicking on the New button. Name the new Virtual Device default.
- Specify its target as the most recent version of Android downloaded by the SDK. Set the size of the SD Card to 4096 MiB. Click on the ...