Time for action - running the example project
The android tool has given us a minimal example of an Android project, basically a "Hello World" application.
- In your console or command-line, change directory to
- To build and sign the project, run:
- You will need to start the emulator with the
defaultAVD you created earlier:
emulator -avd default
- Now install your application in the emulator:
- In the emulator, open the Android menu and, you should see an icon named QuestionActivity in the menu. Click on this icon.
What just happened?
The Android emulator is a full hardware emulator including the ARM CPU, hosting the entire ...