Time for action - creating the button images
In order to build the button images in this section you will need to download "The GIMP" (available at http://www.gimp.org). It's perfect for this sort of image creation or manipulation and has the added advantage that it's open source.
- Open "The Gimp", and select File | New to create a new image.
- Change the width and height to
- Open the Advanced Options and change the Fill With option to Transparency so that there is no background color.
- To help with sizing, zoom in to about 800%.
- Select the Rectangle tool in the top-left of the toolbox (the default keyboard shortcut key is R).
- Enable the Rounded Corners option and set it to
- Enable the Fixed option and select Size in the drop-down list.