The Android way
The Android platform is in many ways similar to developing applications for the web. There are many devices, made by many manufactures, with different capabilities and specifications. Yet as a developer, you will want your users to have the most consistent experience possible. Unlike a web browser, Android has built-in mechanisms for coping with these differences, and even leveraging them.
We'll be looking at Android from the point of view of a user rather than having a purely development-centric approach. We'll cover topics such as:
- What user interface elements Android provides
- How an Android application is assembled
- Different types of Android layouts
- Presenting various types of data to the user
- Customising of existing Android widgets ...