This is the second course in the series on Ansible and in this course, we will be focusing on advanced concepts in Ansible and some real-life use cases. This course is for those with a basic understanding of Ansible who are willing to gain expertise in developing with Ansible. Ansible is a radically simple IT automation platform that makes your applications and systems easier to deploy. Avoid writing scripts or custom code to deploy and update your applications— automate in a language that approaches plain English, using SSH, with no agents to install on remote systems.
What You Will Learn
- Develop Ansible Playbooks for advanced use cases. Learn about Ansible s execution flow using Strategies
- Learn how to handle errors during playbook execution. Learn about retrieving data from external sources using Lookups.
- Use Ansible Vault for securing critical information. Understand and develop templating using Jinja2Develop custom modules, filters, and plugins.
- Develop and re-use custom Roles. Follow Ansible best practices during playbook development.
- Share work with Ansible Community using Ansible Galaxy. Use Dynamic Inventory in playbooks.
- Gain a good hands-on experience in developing playbooks
Anyone who wants to learn Ansible; system administrators who want to learn to automate using Ansible and anyone who wants to learn Orchestration/Automation in the Cloud.
About The Author
Mumshad Mannambeth: Mumshad Mannambeth is an IT Solutions architect who specializes in cloud, automation, and DevOps. He is the author of the top three percent of Udemy’s courses. He is passionate about learning modern technology and teaching. He believes the best way to learn is to learn by doing and in a fun way. Mumshad has authored multiple courses on DevOps, cloud, and automation technologies and teaches over 280,000 students worldwide. His courses focus on providing students with interactive and hands-on experience in learning modern technology that makes learning interesting.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Web Application
- Chapter 3 : File Separation
- Chapter 4 : Roles
- Chapter 5 : Asynchronous Actions
- Chapter 6 : Strategy
- Chapter 7 : Error Handling
- Chapter 8 : Templating - Jinja2
- Chapter 9 : Lookup
- Chapter 10 : Vault
- Chapter 11 : Dynamic Inventory
- Chapter 12 : Custom Modules
- Chapter 13 : Plugins
- Title: Ansible Advanced
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789136470
You might also like
3+ Hours of Video Instruction Hands-on Ansible LiveLessons is focused on hands-on training by providing the …
Ansible Fundamentals LiveLessons
4 Hours of Video Instruction 4 hours of video to get you started using Ansible, focusing …
Ansible: Up and Running, 2nd Edition
Among the many configuration management tools available, Ansible has some distinct advantages—it’s minimal in nature, you …
Automation with Ansible Playbooks
This course is designed to get you hands-on with using Ansible for automating local and cloud …