The Look-How-Easy-to-Use GUI
A typical test plan will consist of one or more Thread Groups, logic controllers, listeners, timers, assertions, and configuration elements:
- Thread Group—each thread simulates a single user. All elements of a test plan must be under a thread group.
- Listeners—Provide access to the information gathered by JMeter about the test cases while JMeter runs.
- Controllers—Samplers tell JMeter to send requests to a server, while Logical Controllers let you customize its logic.
- Timers—Allow JMeter to delay between each request that a thread makes.
- Assertions—Allow you to "test" that your application is returning the results you expect it to.
- Configuration Elements—Working closely with a Sampler, these can add to or modify requests.