Chapter 1. Basics of Apache Maven
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Setting up Apache Maven on Windows
- Setting up Apache Maven on Linux
- Setting up Apache Maven on Mac
- Verifying the Apache Maven installation
- Creating a new project
- Compiling and testing a project
- Understanding the Project Object Model
- Understanding the build lifecycle
- Understanding build profiles
Apache Maven originated as an attempt to simplify the build process for the now defunct Apache Jakarta Alexandria project. Its formative years were then spent in the Apache Turbine project where it eventually came to replace a brittle and fragile build system based on Apache ANT.
Given Maven’s tremendous potency and effectiveness in solving a majority of our day-to-day challenges, it has become hugely ...