Chapter 4. Reporting and Documentation
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Documenting with a Maven site
- Generating Javadocs with Maven
- Generating unit test reports
- Generating code coverage reports
- Generating code quality reports
- Setting up the Maven dashboard
As seen in Chapter 3, Agile Collaboration Techniques, large projects are often integrated with a support environment that includes issue trackers, and continuous integration systems which complement the project’s online documentation with real-time data reflecting the current status.
For open source and enterprise distributed projects, the site and documentation are arguably as important as the strategy and code. Such projects revolve around the team/community and proper reporting and documentation ...