With this guide, you can easily manage your Java or Java EE dependencies. It takes you from basic to advanced dependency management techniques in easy, logical steps. Swap your homebrew processes for automated solutions.
- Improve your productivity by efficiently managing dependencies.
- Learn how to detect and fix dependency conflicts
- Learn how to share transitive relations and to visualize your dependencies
Managing dependencies in a multi-module project is difficult. In a multi-module project, libraries need to share transitive relations with each other. Maven eliminates this need by reading the project files of dependencies to figure out their inter-relations and other related information. Gaining an understanding of project dependencies will allow you to fully utilize Maven and use it to your advantage.
Aiming to give you a clear understanding of Maven’s functionality, this book focuses on specific case studies that shed light on highly useful Maven features which are often disregarded. The content of this book will help you to replace homebrew processes with more automated solutions.
This practical guide focuses on the variety of problems and issues which occur during the conception and development phase, with the aim of making dependency management as effortless and painless as possible. Throughout the course of this book, you will learn how to migrate from non-Maven projects to Maven, learn Maven best practices, and how to simplify the management of multiple projects. The book emphasizes the importance of projects as well as identifying and fixing potential conflicts before they become issues. The later sections of the book introduce you to the methods that you can use to increase your team’s productivity. This book is the perfect guide to help make you into a proud software craftsman.
Table of Contents
Apache Maven Dependency Management
- Table of Contents
- Apache Maven Dependency Management
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
- 1. Basic Dependency Management
2. Dependency Mechanism and Scopes
- Nomenclature of scope
- Scope overlay rules (via transitive dependencies)
- Modules and submodules (advanced)
- Management of dependencies in folders
3. Dependency Designation (advanced)
- The type tag
- Creating a new packaging/type
- The Classifier
- The dependency plugin
- Dynamic POMs and dependencies
- 4. Migration of Dependencies to Apache Maven
5. Tools within Your IDE
- Case study
- IntelliJ IDEA
6. Release and Distribute
- Best practices before release
- Fixing conflicts with tier-parties
- Releasing the source code
- Delivering artifacts and distributions
- Distribution management
- A. Useful Public Repositories
- Title: Apache Maven Dependency Management
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783283019