- Start a new project in IntelliJ or in an IDE of your choice. Make sure the necessary JAR files are included.
- Set up the package location where the program will reside
- Set up the imports related to DataFrames and the required data structures and create the RDDs as needed for the example
- Import the packages for setting up logging level for log4j. This step is optional, but we highly recommend it (change the level appropriately as you move through the development cycle).
import org.apache.log4j.Logger import org.apache.log4j.Level
- Set up the logging level to warning and error to cut down on output. See the previous step for package requirement.