Develop your big data skills in 7 days with Apache Spark
About This Video
- Receive practical guidance on Apache Spark to get up to speed with big data in 7 days
- Grasp the fundamentals of Apache Spark by working on data streaming systems, big data processing and more
- Work on Spark operations and tasks to write and test applications using Python at speed
If you’re looking to get up to speed with learning the fundamentals of Apache Spark in a short period of time, you can count on this course to help you learn the basics of this engine. Spark is becoming a popular big data processing engine with its unique ability to run in-memory with excellent speed. It is also easy to use and offers simple syntax.
The course is designed to give you a fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience in writing basic code as well as running applications on a Spark cluster. Over 7 days, you will work on interesting examples and assignments that will demonstrate and help you understand basic operations, querying, machine learning, and streaming.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to put your learning to practice and build your own projects with ease and confidence.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Apache-Spark-in-7-Days
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Python Basics
- Chapter 2 : Working with RDDs
- Chapter 3 : DataFrames
- Chapter 4 : Spark SQL
- Chapter 5 : Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Chapter 6 : Machine Learning Models
- Chapter 7 : Streaming
- Title: Apache Spark in 7 Days
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789809145