Learn Apache Spark and Python by 12+ hands-on examples of analyzing big data with PySpark and Spark
About This Video
- Apache Spark gives us unlimited ability to build cutting-edge applications. It is also one of the most compelling technologies of the last decade in terms of its disruption to the big data world.
- Spark provides in-memory cluster computing which greatly boosts the speed of iterative algorithms and interactive data mining tasks.
This course covers all the fundamentals of Apache Spark with Python and teaches you everything you need to know about developing Spark applications using PySpark, the Python API for Spark. At the end of this course, you will gain in-depth knowledge about Apache Spark and general big data analysis and manipulations skills to help your company to adopt Apache Spark for building big data processing pipeline and data analytics applications. This course covers 10+ hands-on big data examples. You will learn valuable knowledge about how to frame data analysis problems as Spark problems. Together we will learn examples such as aggregating NASA Apache weblogs from different sources; we will explore the price trend by looking at the real estate data in California; we will write Spark applications to find out the median salary of developers in different countries through the Stack Overflow survey data; we will develop a system to analyze how maker spaces are distributed across different regions in the United Kingdom. And much much more.
Anyone who wants to fully understand how Apache Spark technology works and learn how Apache Spark is being used in the field. Software engineers who want to develop Apache Spark 2.0 applications using Spark Core and Spark SQL.Data scientists or data engineers who want to advance their career by improving their big data processing skills.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Get Started with Apache Spark
- Chapter 2 : RDD
- Chapter 3 : Spark Architecture and Components
- Chapter 4 : Pair RDD
- Chapter 5 : Advanced Spark Topics
- Chapter 6 : Spark SQL
- Chapter 7 : Running Spark in a Cluster
- Title: Apache Spark with Python - Big Data with PySpark and Spark
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789133394
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Apache Spark with Scala
Learn Apache Spark and Scala by 12+ hands-on examples of analyzing big data About This Video …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …