Launching and customizing a template
One of my favorite things to
do when I first started learning Motion was to open some of the templates the application shipped with and try to figure out how it was created. This gave me a real feel for the inner workings of Motion and the possibilities! Let's open one of Motion 5's templates and customize some of the features.
- Launch Motion from the Dock or the Applications folder.
- From the left-hand side of the Project Browser, choose the Skyline template folder.
- Select the Skyline Menu project, and from the bottom-right hand side, choose Open a copy.
- Press Shift + Z in the Canvas window to fit the project and press the Space bar to play it back.
- The project starts off with a radial background ...