Final Cut Pro’s color correction tools lets you precisely control the look of your images. In this excerpt from Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X Advanced Editing, you’ll learn how to prepare projects and set up the Final Cut Pro interface for color correction, how to use the built-in video scopes to analyze each clip—both technically and creatively—and how to use automatic tools along with manual Color Board adjustments to correct problems and enhance your program’s visuals. In the process, you’ll learn how to evaluate and adjust color and contrast for both utilitarian and creative effect.
Although this eBook does not include media and project files, you can read through the step-by-step exercises to understand the concepts. The companion files and an updated chapter will be available as part of Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X Advanced Editing.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
Making Basic Color Adjustments in Final Cut Pro X
- Getting Ready
- What Is Color Correction?
- Learning the Color Correction Interface
- Using Video Scopes
- Using the Color Board
- Using the Color Controls
- Adjusting Color Temperature Creatively
- Using the Global Color Control
- Adjusting Saturation
- Changing Saturation with Contrast Adjustments
- Dissolving Between Two Grades
- Lesson Review
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Title: Apple Pro Training Series: Making Basic Color Adjustments in Final Cut Pro X
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780133041644