Developers and ops engineers have their hands full today delivering scalable, interconnected, always-on applications that can be consumed on a wide range of platforms—all while dealing with a container-driven distributed architecture. This practical report explores a new technology that can greatly aid the process: DC/OS from Mesosphere, a distributed operating system for managing multiple datacenter machines as if they were a single computer.
Author Andrew Jefferson, VP Engineering at Tractable, demonstrates how the integrated set of software tools in DC/OS (Data Center Operating System) allows you to easily manage and run containerized apps and data services in production. You’ll learn how to automate resource management, facilitate inter-process communication, and simplify the installation and management of distributed services.
This report helps you:
- Learn exactly what DC/OS is and how it helps you configure and automate interdependent applications across on machine clusters
- Manage DC/OS clusters, and install and configure packages from Mesosphere’s Universe registry
- Design and write applications to run on DC/OS, manage persistent state, and use service discovery
- Learn how to run DC/OS in production—from scaling, deployment, and security to monitoring and intrusion detection
- Discover the enterprise application architecture requirements that DC/OS addresses
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Why Do We Need Modern Enterprise Architecture?
- 3. Understanding DC/OS
- 4. Running Applications in DC/OS
5. Writing Applications to Run on DC/OS
- Service Discovery in DC/OS
- Managing Persistent State in DC/OS
- External Persistent Volumes
- Publishing Applications and Services
- Section Conclusion: Example Applications on DC/OS
6. Operating DC/OS in Production
- Dynamic Workloads
- Multidatacenter DC/OS Configuration
- Deploying a DC/OS Package
- Security in DC/OS
- Disaster Planning and Business Continuity
- 7. Implications of Using DC/OS
- Title: Application Delivery with DC/OS
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491983454