Metal has a lot of features that make it a good choice to use in your 3D graphics app or game. Here you can find a list of features of Metal:
- It provides extremely low-level access to A7 and A8 GPU to enable high performance to your graphics rendering.
- It eliminates a lot of performance bottlenecks, such as state validation, that is found in most common graphics APIs.
- It is designed to be efficient with Apple hardware to ensure the highest speed with low overhead.
- It provides up to 10x number of draw calls in your app compared to OpenGL ES.
- A big enhancement in game is load time performance, thanks to the support of precompiled shaders. They're an incredibly important part of rendering a realistic gaming experience. Precompiling enables them ...