Create useful, elaborate, and visually-appealing plots using this open source package
About This Video
- Discover structure of ggplot2, grammar of graphics, and geometric objects
- Study how to design and implement visualization from scratch
- Explore the advantages of using advanced plots
Applied Data Visualization with R and ggplot2 introduces you to the world of data visualization by taking you through the basic features of ggplot2. To start with, you'll learn how to set up the R environment, followed by getting insights into the grammar of graphics and geometric objects before you explore the plotting techniques.
You'll discover what layers, scales, coordinates, and themes are, and study how you can use them to transform your data into aesthetical graphs. Once you've grasped the basics, you'll move on to studying simple plots such as histograms and advanced plots such as superimposing and density plots. You'll also get to grips with plotting trends, correlations, and statistical summaries.
By the end of this course, you'll have created data visualizations that will impress your clients.
The github link for this title is here https://github.com/TrainingByPackt/Applied-Data-Visualization-with-R-and-ggplot2-eLearning
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Basic Plotting in ggplot2
- Chapter 2 : Grammar of Graphics and Visual Components
- Chapter 3 : Advanced Geoms and Statistics
- Title: Applied Data Visualization with R and ggplot2
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789808476