Understand the design aspects of Microsoft Azure solution design and architecture
About This Video
- Understand Azure Virtual Networking concepts
- Understand Azure Virtual Machine workload concepts
- Understand Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) monitoring and diagnostics
Over the years, Azure cloud services has been growing at a faster rate, and the number of organizations adopting Azure for their cloud services is also rapidly increasing. Leading industry giants are finding Azure to fulfill their extensive cloud requirements. With the Azure cloud adoption going at a faster pace, some frustration comes in as well. Public Cloud definitely makes deploying workloads a lot faster, but it doesn’t always makes things easier. That’s why you still need to understand the platform capabilities, and having the knowledge to really design and architect your future datacenter strategy. And that’s exactly what this course will teach you.
In this module, we highlight one of the most common scenarios in an Azure adoption project, mainly designing and integrating Azure Virtual Machine topologies. Just like building out your VM architecture in a typical on-premises datacenter, this course is logically structured in that way. Starting from designing Azure Virtual Networking architectures, both within Azure and for Hybrid scenarios, we move over to an in-depth view on Azure Virtual Machines. What VM sizes are available and how to decide which ones to use, how to deploy VMs in a couple of different ways, as well as how to streamline Azure VM configurations, are the key objectives of this topic.
Next, viewers will learn how to architect high-availability setups for Azure VM workloads. In the last section of this course, viewers will get a good understanding of what platform monitoring solutions Azure provides today, by zooming in on Operations Management Suite, Azure Monitor and Azure Log Analytics.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Design Solutions Using Azure Networking
- Chapter 2 : Design Solutions Using Azure Virtual Machines
- Chapter 3 : Design an Azure Infrastructure Monitoring and Diagnostics Strategy
- Title: Architecting an Azure Compute Infrastructure
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788392396