About Architectural Katas: What could be better than practicing software architecture with your handpicked dream team of architects? Participants in Architectural Katas, moderated by Neal Ford, work together virtually in small groups of their choosing to solve a challenge an actual organization is facing. Everyone gets the chance to practice their craft with a real software architecture problem in a safe and social environment, and the finalists and winners earn well-deserved bragging rights (not to mention an intriguing line on their résumé). Plus a selected organization working for social good will have some of its gnarliest software architecture problems solved.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Identify and design architectural components
- Explore techniques to analyze and select the right architecture patterns
- Learn how to diagram and document an architectural solution
- Develop better communication skills to champion architecture decisions to developers and stakeholders
This recording of a live event is for you because...
- You're a senior-level developer who wants to make the move to architect.
- You're a practicing software architect who wants to hone your skills and learn new software architecture techniques and practices.
- You're responsible for creating a software architecture for your company, and you want to practice with a real-world challenge.
- Read Fundamentals of Software Architecture (book)
- Read Building Microservices, second edition (book)
- Read Building Evolutionary Architectures (book)
- Read Building Event-Driven Microservices (book)
- Take Software Architecture by Example (live online training course with Mark Richards and Neal Ford)
- Take Architecture: The Hard Parts (live online training course with Mark Richards and Neal Ford)
- Take Microservice Fundamentals (live online training course with Sam Newman)
- Title: Architectural Katas, October—November 2021
- Release date: October 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920631415
You might also like
Cassandra 3.x High Availability - Second Edition
Achieve scalability and high availability without compromising on performance About This Book See how to get …
Hands-On Password Attacks and Security
Passwords have become the top authentication factor in today’s world. You use it in combination with …
Software Architecture Superstream Series: Software Architecture Fundamentals—Comparing Architectural Styles
Sponsored by NGINX Architecture styles are important...and abundant. To make the right choice for a particular …
Architectural Katas, April – May 2021
About Architectural Katas: What could be better than practicing software architecture with your handpicked dream team …