Chapter 11. Making wearables
This chapter covers
- Creating wearable projects with the LilyPad Arduino
- Working with conductive thread
- Creating a turn-signal jacket
- Creating a wearable piano
- Making a wearable compass
The term “wearable” generally refers to clothing and accessories that incorporate computer and advanced-electronic technologies. The designs often incorporate practical functions and features as well as make a statement or establish a technological look.
Another way of imagining a wearable is that it’s a dynamic surface around your body that is capable of connecting you to devices around you, people, and places. These days most people carry a mobile phone, always on them and always on, but it’s not hard to imagine a near future ...