The application we have developed can be improved in many ways; these are some suggested improvements that you can try yourself:
- Checking the presence of your pet in the house by counting door openings and their directions. A couple of magnetic switches should do the job of detecting the opening direction of the pet door.
- Detect your own pet using an RFID tag attached to their collar to avoid other pets being able to get into your house.
- Setting light threshold and temperature thresholds directly from the iOS device using a slider (UISliderView).
- Replace the temperature numeric indication with a more appealing graphical indicator like a gauge or a thermometer.
- Notify you when your pet goes through the pet door.
- Show temperature in ...