The Armed Conflict Survey is the annual review of the political, military and humanitarian dimensions of all active conflicts from the International Institute for Strategic Studies. It offers in-depth analysis of the drivers, dynamics and outlook of 34 current armed conflicts along with detailed information on conflict parties and more than 60 full-colour maps and infographics. The Armed Conflict Survey is an essential resource for those involved in security, foreign and humanitarian policymaking, and an indispensable handbook for anyone conducting serious analysis of armed conflict.
· Essays on global trends in armed conflict, with a focus on the changing nature of third-party intervention, the long aftermath of armed conflicts, and economic migration and forced displacement in a COVID-19 world.
· Overviews of key events and political and military developments from January 2020–February 2021 for each conflict.
· Strategic analysis of national and regional drivers and conflict outlooks.
· Regional analyses with unique insights into the geopolitical and geo-economic threads linking conflicts across regions and globally.
· Expanded information on conflict parties.
· The Armed Conflict Global Relevance Indicator (ACGRI), an IISS proprietary indicator that combines measures of incidence and human impact with geopolitical impact to assess the global salience of armed conflicts.
· Analysis of the humanitarian, social and economic impact of conflicts.
· Conflict-specific trends, strategic implications and prospects for peace.
· More than 60 full-colour maps, tables and infographics highlighting key conflict developments and data.
· Key statistics on violent events, fatalities, military power, geopolitical salience, refugees and internally displaced persons.
· The 2021 Chart of Armed Conflict, presenting information on conflict start dates, typologies and relevant refugee flows, as well as providing a visual overview of each conflict’s geopolitical relevance, looking at 2020 UN Security Council resolutions, multilateral missions and the involvement of third-party countries.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- Editor’s Introduction
- Notes on Methodology
- Global Trends
- 1 Americas
- 2 Europe and Eurasia
- 3 Middle East and North Africa
- 4 Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5 Asia
- Data Appendix
- Title: Armed Conflict Survey 2021
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781000545586
You might also like
The Design of Web APIs
Drawing on author Arnaud Lauret's many years of API design experience, this book teaches you how …
Python Workout presents 50 exercises that focus on key Python 3 features. In it, expert Python …
Essential Algorithms, 2nd Edition
A friendly introduction to the most useful algorithms written in simple, intuitive English The revised and …
Flask Web Development, 2nd Edition
Take full creative control of your web applications with Flask, the Python-based microframework. With the second …