Chapter 3. Controllers
As discussed in the first chapter, all web applications receive requests from the server and produce a response, that is delivered back to the end user. A Controller does the job of receiving the request and producing the output based on the input data in ASP.NET MVC.
In this chapter, you'll be learning about the following topics:
- Role of the Controller in ASP.NET MVC applications
- Routing introduction and concepts
- Creating your first ASP.NET 5 application
- Installation of the ASP.NET Core
NuGetpackages in your application
- Creation of your first Controller and
actionmethod, which returns a simple Hello World
- Adding a View and making the changes that allow your Controller to use that View
- Adding a Model and passing that Model data ...