Chapter 10. Advanced view techniques
This chapter covers
- Using master pages to craft site-wide templates
- Applying partials for shared snippets of content
- Leveraging child actions for common widgets
- Building parameter lists for generating URLs
- Examining the Spark view engine
The MVC pattern gives us separation of concerns between the model, controller, and view, but this pattern didn’t eliminate the need for developers to carefully design their views. With the elimination of code-behind and the addition of a view model object, we can focus strictly on rendering content inside our view. But without careful attention, our views can still slide into a morass of duplication and spaghetti code. We can no longer lean on custom controls to encapsulate ...