Chapter 19. Portable areas
- Introducing NuGet packaging basics
- Demonstrating a simple area to package
- Consuming a portable area
- Creating an RssWidget portable area
- Integrating with a host using the MvcContrib bus
ASP.NET MVC’s areas allow us to structure the controllers and views within our application, organizing our projects hierarchically into folders and namespaces. Portable areas, a feature in MvcContrib, let us take that concept even further. Portable areas are like regular areas in that they’re a collection of controllers and views—segmented from other areas. But they’re also portable; the entire area is packaged using NuGet. Whereas areas allow us to segment our application, portable areas let us compose several ...