Web API in ASP.NET
This chapter discusses using ASP.NET Web API on top of IIS, within the ASP.NET runtime. The recipes covered in this chapter deal with ASP.NET runtime specifics and, unless noted otherwise, the solutions presented here cannot be extended onto other Web API hosts.
You will learn how to do the following:
- Use ASP.NET Web API in the same process as ASP.NET MVC or ASP.NET Web Forms (Recipes 1-1 and 1-2)
- Deal with HTML forms and validation (Recipes 1-3 and 1-6)
- Link between MVC and Web API controllers (Recipe 1-4)
- Use scaffolding to rapidly bootstrap ASP.NET Web API projects (Recipe 1-5)
- Introduce ASP.NET-based CSRF (Cross-Site ...